Engineers view of the world - Free Body Diagram

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Femme_physics
Gold Member
Messages
2,548
Reaction score
1
Okay, I'm still working on it... but this is a free body diagram of the front of my college's view from a nearby park, which I have special feelings too. It's the place that introduced me to the beauty and majesty of physics, and first place that showed me that I am able to be an excelling student. This place is my first love... :) so I give my love back... still in draft form mind you! I still have one more page to add and more things to draw overall.

(I also drew myself somewhere ;) )

I call it "engineer's view of the world"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ePxNtPqiN...xWE1wkU/s1600/engineers-view-of-the-world.JPG

I hope you like it!((

PS. I would like to add that what first ignited the idea was a comment by ILS! So thanks ILS ;)

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3251076&postcount=15 ))
 
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
i had a professor once that said "sometimes you need to see the palm trees without force vectors". ultimately, he turned out to be someone i had plenty of reason to dislike, but he had a point there.

it reminds me of statics and dynamics classes, but there i had no artistic ability and would be drawing everything with a straightedge instead of freehand. so it makes me want to place you in an architect category.
 
I like it! :smile:

Can't wait to see more upcoming drafts.
Will you keep updating this thread?

Btw, I found this picture lying around that kind of reminds me of what you've drawn:
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9017/ortsingalovskitheshot.jpg

I like the beauty of it, although I have to admit I usually only see vectors and formulas myself, whenever I look at something.
But I've been given to understand other people see real beauty in the world! :smile:Edit: Found you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I like Serena said:
Btw, I found this picture lying around that kind of reminds me of what you've drawn:
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/9017/ortsingalovskitheshot.jpg

I suppose it might be kind of a little bit similar...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chi Meson said:
I suppose it might be kind of a little bit similar...
For a minute, I thought we were in the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=270543" , thread.

I agree with Proton, I see an architectural flair in your drawings. It did look like אורט סינגאלובסקי on your sketch (with a little artistic license on the first word). :smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator: