Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

English translated German Linear Algebra book

1. Sep 25, 2015 #1
    Dear all, Can someone please recommend a english version of a linear algebra book. "Lineare algebra, Siegfried Bosch" I dont speak German so I cannot understand the chapters. If someone can help to identify a book with similar chapters that will be very helpful.

you can find the full book here:

w.5px.eu › bosch

Another book that needs english translation is "Harro Hueser, lehrbuch der analysis teil 1, "

sehr danke (Thanks).

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2015 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Sep 26, 2015 #3

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

There are lots of Linear Algebra books in English. Why the interest in a book written in German?

5. Sep 26, 2015 #4
    The IPSP from leipzig university has recommended these book for the course "M1 linear algebra and calculus of one variable"

6. Sep 26, 2015 #5

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I guess you'll need to start learning German, then. I wouldn't think the lecturers at Leipzig U. hold their classes in English, nor is it a given that all German texts are offered in translation.

7. Sep 26, 2015 #6
    The course is taught in Englisch for your info! I am just baffled as to why german books are prescribed. Anyway, please help if you can!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook