Equation that predicts the increasing values of mass

In summary, the spinning top will become increasingly more massive as it speeds up towards a speed of c. The mass increase is only significant when the top is spinning at a speed of ~0.866c.
How about brown?

8LPF16, I've been rather busy lately, so I've not been checking in on these older threads.

Magenta? A combination of ~460nm and ~600 nm should do it, but the relative amounts of each may be important to get the 'magenta' perception, otherwise you'd just get some kind of blue or red.

Physics news on Phys.org
actually i think the opposite is true regarding every color being shown at a specific wavelength. i have absolutely no science to back this up. :) it seems that most colors are actually a hodgepodge of wavelengths. one of the things i learned whilst studying photography. when you try to get a light (the kind available at home depot anyway) you
have to try to find the right balance of wavelengths to get the effect you're after. and i still haven't found a perfect white light.

anyways, i don't see that it really matters that magenta is not a pure color. it really isn't that
pretty anyways and I've never met anyone i like that says that magenta is their favorite color.
if i had to guess it is probably one of the latter colors in the evolution of human sight. red, of course, being the first.

you would probably be hard pressed to find a natural source of a magenta eminating light.
of course, again, i have no science to back this up. most things that are magenta are formed
by reflected light. and course the M in CMYK pretty much illustrates this.

i would think that magenta being as common and useful as it is must have some place on
the spectrometer? i personally, and this is just my opinion, do believe that magenta exists
in a measurable state. again, of course, i need to go back to school and get an education based on facts and not just observation.

now on to the idea that magenta does not, in fact, exist and is just a plaything of our minds.
wouldnt that be fun? my xerox guy would be kind of perturbed though. he tells me the magenta toner is low and i tell him it never existed in the first place.

i do however very much join you in hoping that it doesnt. life is just funner that way

nine6,

When I said "specific", I didn't mean "single" frequency for every color. Any color, including the "primary" colors, can be made with other values.

Look at an electromagnetic chart that shows visible light.
_V_I_B_C_G_Y_O_R_

Magenta can not exist on this chart. Both red and violet are in magenta, outside of this chart. I say correct the chart, convention says I'm just "seeing" magenta, but it doesn't exist. This would make it MORE special than I am saying.

I believe UV light was the first step in the evolution of color in eyes. (B. & W. was 1st) The world used to have much more UV than now.

The two souces for all understanding of "light contains all colors" theory are the rainbow and the prism. You have to be lucky enough to catch a double rainbow to see magenta (between one violet and the NEXT red. As for the prism, with any serious study, you will see that magenta dominates the results of color formation, and light/dark interaction.

See this (got prism?)
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13565

Newton's Prismatic experiment has no instructions, or details that make recreating it in a Scientific way possible. Mainly I'm speaking of the lack of a specified distance from prism to wall (or from slit to prism). This is from the man who brought d1 ~ d2 into an eqaution for gravity, one of our biggest leaps forward. In fact, he was so brilliant that no one has ever bothered to really question this experiment, which is so basic and simple in comparison.

Nereid & Selfadjoint:

I can see my wording is (again) not quite right. I'm mainly concerned with the chart not allowing for those colors combining violet & red. Brown is "cool" orange (unsaturated), teal close to green-blue (these can logically fall within the chart). I've found a better way to frame this question.

Let's start on something we agree on. Take compound yellow (red+green).

red = 730nm, green = 547nm

What equation will produce the value of 579nm (yellow)?

Or cyan = 488nm + yellow579 = green547?

And: blue460 + yellow579 = white*365 ?

These answers would help me. All numbers are in wavelength nanometers, and APPROXIMATE common perception.

*theoretical value, frequency is double that of red, and is at limit of C.

Thanks!

LPF

Last edited: