1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Equations of motion using Lagrange

1. Jul 14, 2014 #1
    Hi, my professor asked me to proove the equations of motion of a problem. The equations that I need to find are in page 2 of the file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxOdCfkh6FqpUlY5TktpbDZTc2M/edit , equations 7 and 8. But, I'm having trouble with the exercise.

I uploaded my attemps. Problably I'm wrinting a wrong Lagrangian.. Does anyone have a clue about the right way? Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2014 #2
    Can you please write your equations in latex as per forum rules?
    Than perhaps I will understand what you are asking, as the link provided leads me to a page that has no equations. (I couldn't turn the page.)

For example, we can write the lagrangian of a system,$$\mathcal{L}(q, q', p, p')$$ by writing the following
    \mathcal{L}(q, q', p, p')
    If you prefer dot notation,
    $$\mathcal{L}(q,\dot{q},p,\dot{p})$$
    Where the dots are made by \dot{variable}
    Ie,
    $$\dot{a}$$
    Double dot can be done as well,
    $$\ddot{a}$$
    For more specific see the FAQ.
    Note: you must put "$$" at the beginning and end of the statement as it makes the forum recognize it as latex.
    Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted