Euler-Maclaurin summation formula

In summary, the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula is a mathematical formula developed by Leonhard Euler and Colin Maclaurin in the 1700s. Its purpose is to efficiently and accurately approximate the values of summations over large ranges. It works by approximating a summation with a definite integral, using integration, differentiation, and Taylor series expansion. The key components of the formula include the function being summed, the number of terms, and the upper and lower limits. The formula has numerous applications in mathematics and science, including in calculus, number theory, physics, and engineering, and is used to approximate values for integrals, series, and discrete sums.
TriTertButoxy
I am interested in knowing under what conditions the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula converges (including the remainder term). Is there anywhere in the texts or literature where they discuss this?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Does the sum converge provided the integral converges, and vice-versa? What about the remainder terms? do they converge? I'm not too concerned with the rate of convergence; I just want to know if converges. Or where in the literature I can find the answer.

It seems to me that Euler-Maclaurin summation formula always converges.

What is the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula?

The Euler-Maclaurin summation formula is a mathematical formula that allows for the approximate calculation of a summation of a function over a large range of values. It is named after Leonhard Euler and Colin Maclaurin, two mathematicians who independently developed the formula in the 1700s.

What is the purpose of the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula?

The purpose of the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula is to provide an efficient and accurate way to approximate the value of a summation over a large range of values. It can be used in various areas of mathematics and science, such as in the calculation of integrals, series, and discrete sums.

How does the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula work?

The Euler-Maclaurin summation formula is based on the idea of approximating a summation by a definite integral. It involves a combination of integration, differentiation, and Taylor series expansion to arrive at an expression that is easier to calculate than the original summation.

What are the key components of the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula?

The key components of the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula are the function being summed, the number of terms in the summation, the upper and lower limits of the summation, and the terms that involve integration, differentiation, and Taylor series coefficients.

What are the applications of the Euler-Maclaurin summation formula?

The Euler-Maclaurin summation formula has various applications in mathematics and science, including in the fields of calculus, number theory, physics, and engineering. It can be used to approximate the values of integrals, series, and discrete sums, and has been used in the development of numerical algorithms and computational methods.