Event for scheduler when samba starts in windows 7
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Science Advisor
- 2,316
- 814
Samba is a Linux thing - it is a pun on the Server Message Block protocol used by earlier versions of Windows. I suggest you read up on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Message_Block and then get hold of some Windows API documentation. I suspect what you want to do is not easy (Microsoft do not want anybody to mess around with their code internals).DrDu said:I want to start a program with the event sheduler in windows 7 when samba establishes a connection for a network drive. I am not a windows guy. How do I do this?
Science Advisor
- 6,424
- 1,006
Ok, I see. I think I will launch my program simply at login and check periodically for the existence of the drive. What I really want to do is to start some windows application once a linux application wrote the input for this application on the shared samba folder. I do this with a simple vbscript which checks periodically for the existence of the file. Not elegant, but in the environment I am forced to work, nothing is elegant anyhow.
Thank you very much for your help!
Thank you very much for your help!
gsal
- 1,065
- 54
Hhhhmmm...drive? file?
Say, how would you do things differently if instead of waiting for a file via samba, all you had to do is wait for a file in the C:\ drive?. Once the samba drive is mapped onto Windows to, say the S:\ drive, things shouldn't be any different.
Say, how would you do things differently if instead of waiting for a file via samba, all you had to do is wait for a file in the C:\ drive?. Once the samba drive is mapped onto Windows to, say the S:\ drive, things shouldn't be any different.
Similar threads
- donaldude
- · Replies 2 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 2
- Jaynte
- · Replies 2 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 2
- UltimateSomni
- · Replies 17 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 17
- slimjims
- · Replies 5 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 5
- nlsherrill
- · Replies 4 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 4
- Wrichik Basu
- · Replies 15 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 15
- mathman
- · Replies 7 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 7
- diredragon
- · Replies 2 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 2
- Benjamin_harsh
- · Replies 7 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 7
- pyzicslolito
- · Replies 4 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 4