Installing Windows 7 from bootable USB

In summary, you may have created a bootable Windows USB instead of Linpus Linux when you installed Windows on your Acer Aspire E15.
diredragon
i just bought Acer Aspire E15 and it has no system preinstalled. I have an USB containing Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and i made it bootable by YUMI software. The problem is that when i power on the computer i get a windows with two options, Linpus Linux Create a bootable USB drive When i plug the usb it imediatly starts the linpus linux and gets to root@localhost and just stays there. If i choose the other one it says import the USB bla bla it will delete your files, you have to say yes and it just drops lines that are identical to forever...What is wrong?

Computer science news on Phys.org
diredragon said:
import the USB bla bla it will delete your files, you have to say yes and it just drops lines that are identical to forever...What is wrong?
Rephrase this, please.

looks like what you did was create a bootable linux USB instead of Windows.

Here's what i suggest you do. First, get the ISO for Windows 7 (or make an ISO using your Win7 DVD - How to make an ISO). Microsoft killed the Digital Rivers servers but you can still get the ISOs from Torrents. I won't post the links here because I'm not sure if that's against the rules or not and I'd rather err on the side of caution.

After you've got the ISO, then you need another Windows computer. Download and install the Microsoft USB/DVD Download Tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Run this program, it will ask you for your Windows ISO, provide it the ISO and it will create a windows bootable USB. Then you simply use that to install Windows on your Acer device.

I think this is the simpler solution for you, YUMI uses GRUB2, we could attempt to troubleshoot what happened with it but it will be painful if you're not already familiar with GRUB to try and figure out why GRUB is loading linux. Starting over with the microsoft utility would be simpler.

1. How do I create a bootable USB for installing Windows 7?

To create a bootable USB, you will need a USB drive with at least 8GB of storage and a Windows 7 installation file. You can use a free tool like Rufus or the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to format the USB and copy the installation files onto it.

2. Can I install Windows 7 from a bootable USB on any computer?

Yes, as long as the computer has a USB port and is compatible with Windows 7. However, some older computers may not support booting from a USB drive. In that case, you will need to use a CD or DVD to install Windows 7.

3. Do I need to make any changes to my computer's BIOS settings to install Windows 7 from a bootable USB?

In most cases, no. The computer should automatically detect the bootable USB and allow you to install Windows 7. However, if you encounter any issues, you may need to change the boot order in your BIOS settings to prioritize the USB drive.

4. Can I use the same bootable USB to install Windows 7 on multiple computers?

Yes, you can use the same bootable USB on multiple computers. However, you will need a valid Windows 7 product key for each computer to complete the installation process.

5. What should I do if the installation process gets stuck or encounters an error while using a bootable USB?

If the installation process gets stuck or encounters an error, try restarting the computer and booting from the USB again. If the issue persists, try creating a new bootable USB or using a different USB drive. You can also check for any corrupted or missing files in the Windows 7 installation files and replace them if necessary.