Exact modeling of coulomb stick-slip-friction using LCP

  • Thread starter Thread starter solocan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coulomb Modeling
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
solocan
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Model

I have a simple model. Say a 1DOF-Model like a box on a table pulled with a spring, which follows a given path. The friction between box (The position is y) and the table should be modeled with the coulomb-friction model. Like

[tex] F_N\mu\geq F_T \rightarrow \dot{y}=0<br /> <br /> F_N\mu<F_T \rightarrow \dot{y}!=0[/tex]

The motion of equation would be something like:

[tex] m \ddot{y}=F_{spring}(t)-F_{friction}<br /> [/tex]

Homework Equations



I have to formulate it in a standard LCP form:




[tex] w=M \cdot z+q<br /> <br /> w>0<br /> <br /> z>0<br /> <br /> w\cdot z=0[/tex]
in order to solve it with a LCP Solver. I have big difficulties to bring it in this form.

Am I right in this forum?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, this is the correct forum for asking questions about formulating a 1DOF-Model in a standard LCP form.