Examples of things that use these forces

• Thread starter james652
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forces
In summary, the conversation discusses a homework assignment that involves filling out a table with examples of products subject to different forces, such as tension, compression, shear, and torsion. The individual seeking help is reminded that tension can apply to cables, compression to columns or brick walls, shear to beams or bolts, and torsion to shafts or screws. They are also advised to attempt the question themselves before seeking further assistance.
james652
Hi, I'm stuck on this homework.
I have to do this, it says

Below list other examples of products that are subject to the force in question and briefly explain how.

! Force ! Product ! Brief explanation!
tension
tension
compression
compression
shear
shear
torsion
torsion

Thats the table i have to fill inHelp?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not going to do your homework for you but things in tension generally include any types of cables, compression will be columns/brick walls, shear force is a force at 90 degrees to the edge of a beam/bolt (90 degrees to the hypothetical normal force which would create tension or compression), and torsion refers to shafts/screws being twisted.

you will get more help when you have shown that you have actually made an attempt at this question.

What are some examples of things that use gravity?

Some examples of things that use gravity are apples falling from a tree, the moon orbiting around the Earth, and a ball rolling down a hill.

How is electromagnetism used in everyday objects?

Electromagnetism is used in everyday objects such as refrigerators, speakers, and electric motors. It is also used in medical equipment like MRI machines.

What are some examples of things that use the strong nuclear force?

The strong nuclear force is responsible for holding together the nucleus of an atom. Examples of things that use this force include nuclear weapons, nuclear power plants, and the sun.

How does the weak nuclear force play a role in our world?

The weak nuclear force is responsible for radioactive decay and plays a crucial role in the formation of elements in the universe. It is also used in medical treatments such as cancer therapy.

What are some real-life applications of the force of friction?

The force of friction is used in many ways, such as car brakes, shoes with grip, and pencil sharpeners. It also helps in the movement of objects on surfaces and prevents slipping.