Excellent *teachyourself* Calculus books?

In summary, The conversation focuses on recommended books for preparing for an upcoming AP calculus BC class. The participants mention A Course of Pure Mathematics by G.H. Hardy and the Stewart book, with the latter being the preferred choice. The recommendation is to borrow the book from the library instead of purchasing it.
r3dxP
I know basic calculus such as derivatives and integration. Before school starts, I would like to get prepared for my AP calculus BC class, and I was wondering of what books will help me the most and easy to follow/understand.Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
A Course of Pure MAthematics by G. H. hardy

I found the Stewart book to be sufficient.

Hey I finished BC last year-->my teacher used Stewart for the textbook

alexmcavoy@gmail.com is right; Stewart helps!

Exactly which Stewart book are you reffering to? I did an amazon search and came up with many different choices

just borrow the books from the library. save your bucks.

Related to Excellent *teachyourself* Calculus books?

1. What are the best books to teach yourself Calculus?

Some of the most highly recommended books for self-studying Calculus include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "A First Course in Calculus" by Serge Lang, and "Calculus Made Easy" by Silvanus P. Thompson.

2. Are there any Calculus books specifically designed for beginners?

Yes, there are many books that cater towards beginners in Calculus. Some examples include "Calculus for Dummies" by Mark Ryan, "Calculus Essentials for Dummies" by Mark Ryan, and "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach" by Morris Kline.

3. Can I learn Calculus on my own without any prior knowledge?

Yes, it is possible to learn Calculus on your own without any prior knowledge. However, it is recommended to have a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry before tackling Calculus.

4. Are there any online resources to supplement my self-study of Calculus?

Yes, there are many online resources such as Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera that offer free courses and tutorials on Calculus. These can be great supplements to your self-study with a textbook.

5. How long does it usually take to self-study Calculus?

The amount of time it takes to self-study Calculus varies depending on the individual's learning pace and dedication. However, on average, it can take anywhere from 6 months to a year to fully grasp the concepts and principles of Calculus.