An interseting thought. The artical says that according to certain theories of Quantum Gravity, the expansuion of the universe is driven by a scalar feild which will, at some point in the future, become a force of attraction, rather than repulsion. But it offers no further details.
I can't help being reminded of the school of thought in string theory which says that, below a certain critically small size, contraction becomes expansion. I wonder if this is an attempt to apply the opposite side of that same law, saying that above a certain critically large size, expansion becomes contraction.
I also wonder; if we were living in the cosmological phase during which repulsive forces have become forces of attraction, would I be getting lots of dates?
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving