Exploring the Origin of Elements to Nucleosynthesis and Fusion in Stars

In summary, the main sources in the universe for the origin of the elements silicon, lithium, bismuth, nickel, and uranium are: primordial nucleosynthesis, fusion in the core of low-mass stars, slow neutron capture in high mass-stars, fusion in the core of high-mass stars, and rapid neutron capture in supernovae.
Orion78
By choosing among the following five options, what is the main source in the universe for the origin of the elements : silicon, lithium, bismuth, nickel and uranium?

Primordial nucleosynthesis – fusion in core of low-mass stars – fusion in core of high-mass stars – slow neutron capture in high mass-stars - rapid neutron capture in supernovae.

Thanks

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Homework questions should be posted in the appropriate homework forum. Please show whatever work you have done so far and explain where you get lost.

Sorry, next time I will choose the right forum.
The following is what I think is the right answer but I'd like to be confirmed.

silicon = Fusion in core of low-mass star
lithium = Primordial nucleosynthesis
bismuth = Low neutron capture in high mass-stars
nickel = Fusion in core of low-mass star
uranium = Rapid neutron capture in supernovae

Thanks!

For nickel I think you mean fusion in the core of a HIGH mass star. Also, isn't silicon one of the last elements produced in high mass stars and not low mass stars? I'm not formally educated in astrophysics so I could be wrong.

for your interest in the origins of elements! The main source for the origin of the elements listed would depend on the specific element in question. For example, silicon is primarily formed through fusion in the cores of low-mass stars, while lithium is primarily formed through primordial nucleosynthesis. Bismuth, nickel, and uranium are primarily formed through slow neutron capture in high-mass stars, with some contribution from rapid neutron capture in supernovae.

Related to Exploring the Origin of Elements to Nucleosynthesis and Fusion in Stars

What is the origin of elements?

The origin of elements refers to the process by which the chemical elements that make up our universe were created. This includes everything from the lightest elements like hydrogen and helium, to the heavier elements like carbon and iron.

How were the elements created?

The elements were created through a process called nucleosynthesis. This is when nuclear reactions occur within stars, creating new elements through fusion and other processes. The elements were also created during the explosive deaths of stars, known as supernovas.

What is the most abundant element in the universe?

The most abundant element in the universe is hydrogen, making up about 75% of all matter. This is followed by helium, which makes up about 24% of the universe. All other elements make up less than 1% of the universe.

Where did the elements come from before the Big Bang?

Before the Big Bang, all matter in the universe was in the form of energy. As the universe expanded and cooled, the energy began to condense into particles, eventually forming into the first elements like hydrogen and helium.

Are there elements that can only be created artificially?

Yes, there are elements that can only be created artificially through nuclear reactions in a laboratory. These are known as synthetic elements and have atomic numbers higher than 92 (uranium). Some examples include technetium, which has an atomic number of 43, and einsteinium, which has an atomic number of 99.