Extra hard drive listed- Where did this come from?

In summary, the conversation discusses a hard disk drive (Q:) that appeared in the Computer directory after reinstalling Windows. The drive cannot be accessed and does not appear in Disk Management. A screenshot and system information are provided. A Google search reveals that the drive is caused by Office 2010. The issue is now resolved.
Newai
I see a hard disk drive (Q:) in my Computer directory but I don't know what it is. I recently reinstalled Windows and everything is fine except for this. I can't access it, it doesn't appear in Disk Management (when I right-click my computer icon and click Manage).

Here's a screenshot of what I have:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/2932/clipboard02fb.jpg

Any ideas here?

Compaq SR5710F
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (32bit)
AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4450e 2.30 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
SCSI Disk Device(931GB, IDE)

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze. I hadn't thought to bother with searching for that term.

Well that explains it. Okay, thank you.

1. What is an extra hard drive?

An extra hard drive is an additional storage device that can be connected to a computer to store and access files.

2. Did someone add this hard drive to my computer?

It is possible that someone physically added the hard drive to your computer, or it could have been automatically installed as a secondary drive by the manufacturer.

3. How do I access the files on the extra hard drive?

You can access the extra hard drive by going to "My Computer" or "This PC" on Windows, or "Finder" on Mac, and selecting the drive from the list of available drives.

4. Could this extra hard drive contain important data?

Yes, it is possible that the extra hard drive contains important data. It is important to check the contents of the drive before deleting anything.

5. Can I remove the extra hard drive without causing any harm to my computer?

If the extra hard drive was added by the manufacturer, it is safe to remove it. However, if it was added by someone else, it is best to consult with them before removing it to avoid any potential data loss or damage to the computer.