Extreme depression-how to deal with in the interim period

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter intelwanderer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Period
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 10K views
Alright, I may check it out. Thanks zooby.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I too have a lot of problems with depression, but am very stubborn...hence I haven't gone for help like I should. I admire you for that.

I agree with most of the people who have posted here, but I have one thing to add that you may not like. Could it be that you are putting too much pressure and stress upon yourself? Having a goal of an A is great, but if you are sacrificing your mental health in the process it isn't. Grades aren't everything, you seem to have a great relationship with the physics dept in your university, that is a very important tool. They know your interest, your true potential and your drive. They can not only help you with marks but the right placement for you. Marks aren't everything, people skills help, and with your openness to ask for help it shows that.

Keep in mind, not all the best physicists were brilliant in school. Some like Bell had an extremely hard time.

I wish you the best of luck, but I think you are on the right track. Just remember to be proud of what you have done and don't put that much pressure on yourself to be perfect.