Fair fax county mathmatics league

• Thread starter jjuugg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathmatics
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving finding ordered pairs of integers (a,b) that satisfy the equation a^b = b^a, with a<b. The person suggests experimenting with small integers and ultimately comes to the solution of (2,4) being one of the pairs.
jjuugg
Ah...

This problem is very interesting.

but,, I don't know how to solve it... T,T

"If a<b, what are both ordered pairs of integers (a,b) which

satisfy a ^b = b ^ a ?"

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yes, that is a very interesting problem. The first thing I would do is start experimenting with a and b small integers. Have you done that? If so, one of the two pairs should come immediately and the other is not too difficult to find.

yay! i got it! is it two and four?
ah! i should have got this question before..T.T anyways thank you><

(2,4) is one of the two pairs ...

What is the Fair Fax County Mathematics League?

The Fair Fax County Mathematics League is a competitive mathematics organization for students in Fairfax County, Virginia. It offers various math competitions and events for students to participate in and improve their math skills.

How can students participate in the Fair Fax County Mathematics League?

Students can participate in the Fair Fax County Mathematics League through their school's math club or team. They can also form their own team and register with the league to compete in their events.

What types of competitions does the Fair Fax County Mathematics League offer?

The Fair Fax County Mathematics League offers various types of math competitions, including individual and team competitions, as well as online and in-person events. They cover a wide range of math topics and difficulty levels.

Is the Fair Fax County Mathematics League open to all grade levels?

Yes, the Fair Fax County Mathematics League is open to students from elementary to high school. They have different competitions and events for each grade level, so students can compete with others in their age group.

What are the benefits of participating in the Fair Fax County Mathematics League?

Participating in the Fair Fax County Mathematics League can improve students' math skills and knowledge, as well as their problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. It also allows them to compete and collaborate with other students who share a similar interest in math.