As someone who lives and drives in NYC everyday, I can tell you why this sort of thing really bothers me. Imagine 3 car lanes, and only the right one can (according to the traffic signs) exit into the highway. You are in that lane, slowly progressing forward, waiting your turn just like a car behind you and in front of you to exit and proceed onto your destination. You've paid your dues and by all probabilities and laws of society and physics you are sure to get off after 10 or so cars in front of you do so. Now the NYC reality: every M**F*** on the middle and left lane tries to cut you off and merge into the right lane creating a traffic situation, the entire right lane you are in now comes to a hault and the serene order is disrupted. You are now forced to deal with the queuing theory and your exit time has been considerable increased. You are MAD AS HELL because the just system doesn't work. Its anarchy.
Tell me - why should someone who was 2 minutes behind you now be ahead of you just because they break a rule and cause delays for others? This woman is no better - and if she was 'good' at her job imagine how much better someone else would've been who was meant for that job. Someone more qualified, who would've had a BETTER outcome for MIT in the long run. Remember that just because someone is good doesn't mean they are the best. And it certainly doesn't mean that they are not in fact the worst. This woman could in fact be THE worst person for this particular job. Hell, what if I had her job - I guarantee you I would've done a better job - yet I don't want that job, but I'm sure there are those who are more deserving and would be more fit for the job and this is not a grocery shop we are talking about... *puts on 300 "this is Sparta!" mood * -- THIS IS MIT! The god damned BEST (supposedly) institution in these United States. Who does she think she is to tamper with such noble causes as highest education? Why, this woman could've single handedly screwed this entire country with her blatant disregard for idealistic principles and lies and deceits she used to get her ways.
I despise people like her.