• Science Channel

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Military Channel

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • G4Tech Channel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I added PBS, now ya'll can vote

I only get PBS so I guess that's about it....

MTV is the best educational channel

I probably enjoy the History Channel the most. I also like the Court TV channel. They have documentaries on old court cases. I once saw a documentary on big bank heists which included a contest where they assembled teams of people to try to recreate the heists by breaking through the security systems and trying to get away with out being identified. I'm pretty sure that was on Court TV. Then there was the documentary on the Secret Service and their Conterfiting/Forgery Analysis lab, and others on forensics and so forth. Mostly it's just court cases though.

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Greg Bernhardt said:
I added PBS, now ya'll can vote
Since I've been told that "You have already voted on this poll", can I switch my vote from Science to PBS :tongue2: ?

Not much time to watch the TV in the first place, but PBS is pretty much the only thing that is decent to watch amongst all of the reality shows that clutter all of the networks.

Been far too busy in the first place though to watch TV, or even the news. I won't know if a hurricane hits until it lands right over me. :frown:

I love any science program I can find. There used to be some good programs on A&E and Discovery, but they are showing a lot of junk now. Even the History channel shows infomercials late at night.

Anyone want to buy real estate with no money down? :smile:

Pengwuino
Gold Member
edward said:
Anyone want to buy real estate with no money down? :smile:
Why buy real estate when you can make millions just by sitting at home in your underwear using the internet!

Call now.

Pengwuino said:
Why buy real estate when you can make millions just by sitting at home in your underwear using the internet!

Call now.
:rofl: :smile: :rofl:

But I grew up with PBS and haven't spent much time checking out the others.

Hubby and I play a "name that narrator" game on PBS. Michael Dorn is a fun one to identify, as is Richard Attenborough. Shatner and Nimoy are too obvious, get a bit of a groan when we hear them doing yet another narration.

I have not watched anything education in quite a while. I chose TLC, but I think it is all home design now, so I probably should have not. Others that are good, imo, are the History Channel, and PBS. I don't think we get the Science channel here either.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
pattylou said:
But I grew up with PBS and haven't spent much time checking out the others.

Hubby and I play a "name that narrator" game on PBS. Michael Dorn is a fun one to identify, as is Richard Attenborough. Shatner and Nimoy are too obvious, get a bit of a groan when we hear them doing yet another narration.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I never thought about it; funny!

PBS just about lost me. For a while, up here in Oregon that is, about all that we could get on PBS besides the News Hour was Sewing with Nancy. :cry: :cry: :cry: Even re-runs of Lost in Space beat that one. :biggrin: But they have come to their senses, or got more money, or something...

I always enjoyed Connections.

Science channel? I don't have that. I used to be a fan of the previous TechTV way back when it wasn't taken over by video games.

History Channel is on top of my list now since I'm a 20th century war buff, though I rarely watch TV anymore.

<shameless plug> And PBS will be running a special on Einstein on Oct. 11 </shameless plug>

I don't watch TV, but when I did have a few channels I liked History, Discovery and Space.

mrjeffy321
Science Advisor
For me, it is [was, since I dont have a TV anymore] close between the History Channel and the Science Channel, but the History channel usually has a larger variety of shows and less repeats, unlike the science channel which seems like every time I turn it on, I have already seen it.
However, on a show for show basis, rather than over all, I would pick the Science Channel.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Does junkyard wars ever do any new seasons anymore?
And what about mythbusters?
And is it just me or has the History Channel done about 40 "Engineering disasters"?

History Channel. It actually has a wide range of stuff, not just history. There's alot of tech programs, and a nice smattering of paranormal/ufo/cryptozoological stuff.