Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,260
- 3,388
This is about as jazz as you can get.
Hornbein said:If there were ever a Best Performance By An Insane Homeless Person award this would win.
The band's solos aren't much good so skip forward towards the end.
I was an ebass student in Boston. I went to see Pat Metheny, who was still a student at Berklee, playing with Dave Holland. Dave Holland didn't show up. Instead it was some guy on ebass. After the first tune I said to myself, this man is the best in the world on this instrument. I knew I would never catch up.pinball1970 said:He was a strange one but no one played bass like him.
Who was the "some guy?"Hornbein said:I was an ebass student in Boston. I went to see Pat Metheny, who was still a student at Berklee, playing with Dave Holland. Dave Holland didn't show up. Instead it was some guy on ebass. After the first tune I said to myself, this man is the best in the world on this instrument. I knew I would never catch up.
Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead had the same experience. He said, "I thought maybe I should take up the drums instead."
Jaco Pastorius. It may have been his first appearance in Boston. He had short hair then.pinball1970 said:Who was the "some guy?"
Hornbein said:Patrick Bartley Junior. Best alto sax player on Earth today? Either him or Saori Yano.
I guessed but wanted you to say it. Wow. Lucky to see him I guess!Hornbein said:Jaco Pastorius. It may have been his first appearance in Boston. He had short hair then.
Astronuc said:Peter J. Malmsjö - Autumn wind
Stroll in Autumn Wind
Hornbein said:
Hornbein said:My favorite drummer. I had no idea he could do this. He's even better at big band than Senri Kawaguchi.
When I saw Dennis the slickest thing he did was retard with one hand while keeping a steady rhythm with the other.
Hornbein said:My favorite drummer. I had no idea he could do this. He's even better at big band than Senri Kawaguchi.
When I saw Dennis the slickest thing he did was retard with one hand while keeping a steady rhythm with the other.
Hornbein said:
Like Hiromi Uehara with more swing.
2.40 look at that left hand! Wow. Loved it.pinball1970 said:That totally makes up for Dennis Chambers.
4.03 Right hand, classical training, finesse. Left hand jazz madness, left foot, steady bass drum, great sound. 24 inch Ludwig. Buddy would approve.pinball1970 said:That totally makes up for Dennis Chambers.
Hornbein said:
Like Hiromi Uehara with more swing.