Favorite Mashups - All Your Favorites in One Place

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hornbein
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
70 replies · 12K views
 
Physics news on Phys.org

Alanis Morissette & Joan Jett - Hate Myself For Loving You Oughta Know (DJ Cummerbund Mashup)​

Elaborate!



The self-proclaimed Mashup Messiah. He's got a case.
 
Love Me Again - John Newman (2013) + Get Lucky - Daft Punk (2015) by WIITii:

Love Me Again + Get Lucky mashup

The original Get Lucky video has 785 million views, while Love Me Again video has over 1 billion views. Love Me Again was used in the closing credits of the movie Edge of Tomorrow (Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, 2014), and in an episode of the TV show Suits (also 2014).
 
rcgldr said:
Love Me Again - John Newman (2013) + Get Lucky - Daft Punk (2015) by WIITii:

Love Me Again + Get Lucky mashup

The original Get Lucky video has 785 million views, while Love Me Again video has over 1 billion views. Love Me Again was used in the closing credits of the movie Edge of Tomorrow (Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, 2014), and in an episode of the TV show Suits (also 2014).
Sounds completely natural.
 
This mashup was the most rejected I've ever posted. I think it's amazing that these two pieces fit together so well. Go figure.

 
Last edited:
Fancy Miss Nancy. Are there any U.S. singers these days who can hold a candle to Nancy Wilson - Not even.
 
My attempt to create something so bad it's good. If Gayla Peevey had collaborated with Yes...

 
morrobay said:
Fancy Miss Nancy. Are there any U.S. singers these days who can hold a candle to Nancy Wilson - Not even.

How did I miss her back then? Dunno.
 
Hornbein said:
How did I miss her back then? Dunno.
She was mostly played on jazz stations
 
morrobay said:
She was mostly played on jazz stations
Aha. I don't think Detroit had a jazz station.

Jazz is more popular overseas than in the land of its birth. I once toured a museum in Malaysia. They had jazz 78's from the thirties. During WWII jazz was popular in Japan. The big stars usually have a jazz number in their set, TV shows may have jazz themes, Tokyo has about a hundred jazz clubs, and so forth. I hear that jazz is popular in France and Russia too.
 
If you had a FM radio in California you always had jazz.
Screenshot_2026-01-02-14-36-12-170_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.webp
Screenshot_2026-01-02-15-03-33-048_com.android.chrome.webp
Screenshot_2026-01-02-15-21-35-384_com.android.chrome.webp
 
morrobay said:
If you had a FM radio in California you always had jazz. View attachment 368544View attachment 368545View attachment 368547
If by always you mean the 1970's. The only jazz radio I know of in the recent USA was NPR from 11pm Sunday to 7am Monday. Can you say back of the bus? While in Japan I heard an entire John Coltrane classic quartet album played over a public address system that covered at least a square mile of an entertainment district. Jazz has much of the fifth floor in the Shibuya Tower Records. Yep, a five story building on some of the most expensive real estate in the world selling nothing but CDs and DVDs. Alan Holdsworth was heavily represented.

I suspect that Japan has the most music education per capita in the world. Millions of people have started on piano, violin, or whatever at age three. Japan has the most spending as percentage of GDP on music (while China has the least I know of). I think it is that so many people know the effort involved in excelling in music and realize the importance of supporting the artist. If you don't they'll have to quit and sell real estate and no more excellent music for you.
 
Last edited:
These jazz stations were on air 24 hours. So if ya all happened to be up all night you had jazz on the radio. Those days I was in the U.S. Coast Guard (4 years) . On 48 hours on 48 hours off duty. Port Security Unit, Long Beach ,CA.Captain of the Port.