Fe needed to lift up mass of size m

In summary, when dealing with magnetic fields, opposite poles will attract each other while similar poles will repel. To lift an object with a mass of 5g, a magnetic field with a force of 49.05 N is needed, which can be achieved with a current of 3000 mA from a AA battery. The number of turns in a coil can also affect the strength of the magnetic field, with a larger number of turns resulting in a stronger field. To calculate the height the object will go, you will need to plug in the values for length (L), current (I), and the magnetic field (B) into the formula F = IL x B and solve for the height. Additionally, it is important to note
btb4198
opposites magnetic fields repel each others. How big of an magnetic would I need to lift mass ( 5g) 3 centimetre in the air.
F = MA
A = 9.81 m/s^2
M = mass of the object ( 5 g)
F = 49.05

F = I L x B
49.05 = IL X B
I = 3000 mA ( from a AA battery)
µ = 4π E-7 T m/A
Bsol = µ N/L I
F = IL X µ N/ L * I
N= number of turns in coil

N = 10
L = 10 m
um..
Am I doing this right? I feel like I am missing something...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Mass of object must be kilogram.

btb4198 said:
opposites magnetic fields repel each others.

no opposite poles attract :wink:
btb4198 said:
I = 3000 mA ( from a AA battery)

an AA battery is going to struggle to give 3A for any length of time ( other than some of your high current NiCd's)
btb4198 said:
um..
Am I doing this right? I feel like I am missing something...

don't really know, you showed a lot of formula without plugging in the numbers and showing your workingDave

in Fb = IL X B
what unit should L be in ?
meters?

if F = 49.05 N that mean that you need Fb to be greater than 49.05 to get the object off the ground right?
but how do you get how high up it will go ?

1. How much Fe is needed to lift up a mass of size m?

The amount of Fe needed to lift up a mass of size m depends on the weight of the mass and the type of Fe being used. Generally, for every 1 kg of mass, approximately 0.01 kg of Fe is needed. However, this can vary depending on the strength and purity of the Fe being used.

2. What is the maximum mass that can be lifted with a given amount of Fe?

The maximum mass that can be lifted with a given amount of Fe depends on the strength and quality of the Fe being used. Generally, the stronger and purer the Fe, the more weight it can lift. It is also important to consider the design and construction of the lifting mechanism, as well as any external factors such as gravity and friction.

3. Does the size of the Fe affect its lifting ability?

The size of the Fe can affect its lifting ability to some extent. Generally, larger pieces of Fe have a higher lifting capacity due to their increased surface area and strength. However, this also depends on the quality and purity of the Fe. In some cases, smaller, more pure Fe may be able to lift more weight than larger, less pure Fe.

4. How does the shape of the Fe impact its lifting ability?

The shape of the Fe can play a role in its lifting ability. Generally, Fe with a cylindrical shape, such as a rod or bar, is more effective at lifting weights than flat or irregularly shaped Fe. This is because cylindrical Fe has a higher surface area and can distribute the weight more evenly.

5. Can other elements or materials be used instead of Fe to lift a mass?

Yes, other elements and materials can be used to lift a mass, depending on the specific application. For example, aluminum, titanium, and other metals can be used as alternatives to Fe. Other materials such as hydraulic systems, pulleys, and gears can also be used to lift heavy loads. The choice of material or mechanism will depend on factors such as weight, strength, cost, and application.