Feasibility Study: How to Create a Tender Bid

• Thread starter Sirsh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, someone needs to determine the cost of a feasibility study without doing the feasibility study and then attach a price to it.
Sirsh
Dear all,

I have been searching for quite a while in regards to this topic but cannot find an answer that suits my question, which is: How would someone go about creating a tender bid for a feasibility study?

How can you determine the cost of a feasibility study without actually doing the feasibility study and thus knowing the type of time requirements are needed to attach a price to, to deliver a competitive bid?

All I can find through my searches for books and online information is in regards to actual feasibility studies and not a tender bid to get work for the feasibility study.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Engineering news on Phys.org
You find someone that has done something similar before.

Likes Nidum
@CWatters

I'm just trying to find the style that people have proposed this type of tender in, but I cannot find anything online (apart from 1 which is quite bad) in regards to bids to this type of tender. All I can find is the invitations to tender. Do you know if there are registries online that have tender bids in them? or is this confidential information?

I don't see why bidding for a feasibility study should be significantly different to bidding for any other project. The client needs to know what you are going to do during the feasibility study, what you will deliver at the end and how much the feasibility study will cost. If there is an invitation to tender document I'd stick to a similar format and perhaps even use the same headings where appropriate. There must be books on writing a bid.

I've written small project proposals but it was some years ago and they were confidential to the employer/client.

Likes russ_watters
All of the proposals I write use the same basic format, with tweaks, whether for a study or design project.

Pricing a feasibility study really isn't all that hard because you tailor the scope to the fee you want to charge. You don't follow a line of investigation until it ends, you follow it as far as your budget allows and then you stop. Pricing a design project where someone hasn't done the feasibility study is much harder because you don't necessarily have much detail about the scope.

Related to Feasibility Study: How to Create a Tender Bid

1. What is a feasibility study?

A feasibility study is a process of evaluating the practicality and potential success of a proposed project or venture. It involves analyzing various factors such as financial, technical, and legal aspects to determine if the project is viable and achievable.

2. Why is a feasibility study important in creating a tender bid?

A feasibility study is crucial in creating a tender bid because it helps assess and determine the feasibility of the project, which is a key factor in the bidding process. It also provides valuable information and insights that can be used to develop a comprehensive and competitive bid proposal.

3. What are the key elements of a feasibility study for a tender bid?

The key elements of a feasibility study for a tender bid include market analysis, technical analysis, financial analysis, risk assessment, and legal considerations. These elements help in evaluating the project's feasibility and identifying potential challenges and opportunities.

4. How do you conduct a feasibility study for a tender bid?

The process of conducting a feasibility study for a tender bid involves various steps such as defining the project scope and objectives, conducting research and analysis, assessing the project's financial viability, identifying potential risks, and preparing a comprehensive report with recommendations.

5. What are the benefits of conducting a feasibility study for a tender bid?

Conducting a feasibility study for a tender bid offers several benefits, such as reducing the risk of project failure, providing a clear understanding of the project's potential, identifying potential challenges and opportunities, and helping in making informed decisions about whether to proceed with the project or not.