1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fill factor of a photovoltaic cell

1. Oct 24, 2007 #1
    I basically want to identify the fill-factor of a photo voltaic cell by calculating the ratio of maximum power (Vmp x Jmp) divided by the short-circuit current (Isc) and open-circuit voltage (Voc) in light current density.

1. How am i suppose to set up the circuit, should a voltmeter be parallel to the solar cell and an ammeter be serial to the circuit ?

2. What is meant by short-circuit current and open-circuit voltage ?

3. Are the readings on the voltmeter and ammeter be used to plot a graph of current against voltage ?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2007 #2
    alright, it seems that no one seems to know. but i just want to know that whether the maximum power of a photovoltaic cell can be obtained thru simple experiments or does it require some very high end equipments
  4. Nov 30, 2010 #3
    hey im working on the same problem in my research, have you figured out a solution yet?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?