Find Delta r for Particle Displacement of 65m in 41° Direction

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
IUBritt09
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey! I have been trying this problem forever and can't seem to figure out the answer for y. I thought that I was supposed to take sin(41)*65?? But that answer keeps coming up as wrong?? Any help would be amazing!

A particle undergoes a displacement of magnitude 65 m in a direction 41° below the x axis. Express in terms of the unit vectors y and x.

find: Delta r= _____X + ______y

I am unsure how to fingue out how to get my y value. For x I took cos(41)*65=48, but I am unable to figure out how to find y?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you taken into account the fact that the particle was displaced below the x-axis and thus y is negative?
 
That problem would not occur if you took 41 degrees below the x axis, as 319 degrees absolute.