Find Perimeter of Quadrilateral with Midpoints of Sides

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter w3tw1lly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Stupid
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
w3tw1lly
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
I don't know how to tackle this question as I was absent from class the day it was taught but I need to know:

A quadrilateral has vertices P(0,8) Q(-4,4) R(2,-2) and S(6,4). Find the perimeter of the figure whose vertices are the midpoints of the sides of the quadrilateral.
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Firstly, this belongs in the homework section. Do you know how to start the question? Can you find the midpoints of the sides of the quadrilateral to start with?
 
Yes, I think I got it now. I had them figured out all along I just found the question wordy and didn't know where to go from next. I think I have it now, you get the midpoints, connect the dots with lines (in my head) and figure the perimeter of the new object.
 
Yeah I got the answer, it was 20.2. Sorry for the useless thread.