Find polynoms, with as least as power possible

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theofilius
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Power
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
136 replies · 15K views
Physicsissuef said:
I tried only A(x)=P and B(x)=Q and it didn't work, because of

[tex]P(\alpha ax^n + \alpha b) + Q(\beta cx^n + \beta d)[/tex]

so

[tex]\frac{\alpha}{0}=\frac{0}{\beta}[/tex] and [tex]\frac{\beta}{0}=\frac{0}{d}[/tex]

Exactly! :smile:
can you tell me please, or start writing that formula?

No! It's a waste of time - as I said, it'll always be easier to do it one step at a time! :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Just start, please. I will continue... I just want to know that. I wouldn't use it...
 
The start, will be like this?
[tex] (ax^n+bx^n^-^1+cx^n^-^2+...+ex^n^-^f)(\alpha P+\beta Q)+(gx^n+hx^n^-^1+ix^n^-^2+...+kx^n^-^w)(\gamma P +\delta Q)[/tex]
 
[tex]P(x^n(a\alpha + g\gamma) + x^n^-^1(b\alpha + h\gamma) + x^n^-^2(c\alpha + i\gamma) +...+ \alpha ex^n^-^f + \gamma kx^n^-^w)[/tex]

like this? Should I go on for Q?
 
… how did we get from A and B to U and V … ?

I've no idea - I haven't worked out what your plan is ! :confused:

Perhaps it would be better to go back to the original example, and analyse how we got from A and B to U and V (that would be two steps in one, which is what you're looking for), and then sort out a plan of campaign from that? :smile:
 
Oh … I'm getting my letters mixed up! :redface:

I forgot we got through so many letters …

I meant "from A and B to G and I". :smile:
 
I don't know … but I thought that's what you were aiming for, to do two steps (A and B to P and Q, then P and Q to G and I) in one go?? :smile:
 
c'mooon :) just start... I have no idea... Just let's finish this once forever :smile:
 
[tex](ax^n\,+\,...\,+\,b)(\alpha P\,+\,\beta Q)\,+\,(cx^n\,+\,...\,+\,d)(\gamma P\,+\,\delta Q)[/tex][tex]=\,P((...+\,(\alpha b\,+\,\gamma d))\,+\,Q((\beta a\,+\,\delta c)x^n\,+\,...)\,;[/tex]

[tex]P=xR[/tex]

btw- how will I know P or Q need xR in the general formula? Is it good now?
 
tiny-tim, where are you? :smile: Can you help me please go on?