Find R.H. Dicke's Paper: "Gravitation without a Principle of Equivalence

In summary, the conversation is about someone searching for a copy of a paper by R H Dicke titled "Gravitation without a principle of equivalence" and being willing to pay for it. Another person provides a link to a paywalled path to the paper.
Phinrich
Summary:: Searching for Paper by R H Dicke

Good day all.

Does anyone know where I might obtain a copy of the Paper

R. H. Dicke. Gravitation without a principle of equivalence. Review of Modern Physics, 29(3):363–376, 1957

I am prepared to pay for it.

Thanks

Paul

Physics news on Phys.org
Phinrich said:
Summary:: Searching for Paper by R H Dicke

Good day all.

Does anyone know where I might obtain a copy of the Paper

R. H. Dicke. Gravitation without a principle of equivalence. Review of Modern Physics, 29(3):363–376, 1957

I am prepared to pay for it.

Thanks

Paul
Here's a link to a paywalled path to a copy: https://journals.aps.org/rmp/abstract/10.1103/RevModPhys.29.363

Dear Sysprog.

Thanks a million. Much appreciated.

Paul

1. What is R.H. Dicke's paper "Gravitation without a Principle of Equivalence" about?

R.H. Dicke's paper discusses the concept of gravitation without relying on the principle of equivalence, which states that the gravitational mass of an object is equal to its inertial mass. Dicke proposes an alternative theory of gravitation that does not require this principle.

2. When was R.H. Dicke's paper "Gravitation without a Principle of Equivalence" published?

The paper was published in 1964 in the Physical Review journal.

3. What motivated R.H. Dicke to write this paper?

Dicke was motivated by the desire to find a more fundamental understanding of gravitation that did not rely on the principle of equivalence. He also wanted to explore the implications of such a theory for the fundamental laws of physics.

4. What are the key findings of R.H. Dicke's paper?

Dicke's paper presents a new theory of gravitation that is based on the idea that the gravitational force is a result of the interaction between matter and a background field. This theory is able to explain the observed phenomena of gravitation without relying on the principle of equivalence.

5. How has R.H. Dicke's paper impacted the field of gravitation and physics?

Dicke's paper has sparked further research and debate in the field of gravitation and has influenced the development of alternative theories of gravity. It has also led to a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and the role of the principle of equivalence in our understanding of gravitation.