1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find the differential equation and velocity

1. Jan 15, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    probs_Untitled.jpg

2. Relevant equations
    3. The attempt at a solution

rijes_Untitled.jpg Hello guys,I posted images since its easier to write equations.Please can someone help me check this, if this is correct so far, then i should be able to find the velocity at C, using kinetic energy?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2016 #2
    Looks good to me.

4. Jan 16, 2016 #3
    velocity_Untitled.jpg

Edit: Work done from A to C is the difference of the potential energy between these two points, am i wrong?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  5. Jan 16, 2016 #4
    By the way in the problems text i translated R as circumference, but its actually a radius R.

6. Jan 16, 2016 #5
    In my judgment, you did all this correctly. I think you should have more confidence in your ability. Your analysis was very nice, perceptive, and mathematically talented.

Chet

7. Jan 17, 2016 #6
    Thank you very much Chet, I cant help it,I always had some difficulties to translate "physics thoughts" into math language so maybe I am overly cautious, sometimes i even waste time writing code for motion simulations to make sure something behaves like its supposed to, but it seems I'm getting the hang of it.Thanks again for your support.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted