Find the loss for the power inversion that would take place in the UPS

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
harmander
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I tried to figure this out and got a rough estimate but thought I’d ask the experts.

I use the Sola SDU500 UPSs in our systems. A customer wants to know how long they will last if there is a power outage. I believe the power consumption for the entire system would be ~12Wh
total load will be 205 Wh/day

The specs for the UPS are as follows:

· Capacity (VA/Watts): 500/300
· Load power factor: .6
· Back-up time: 4.5/18 (full load/half load)

I can’t seem to find the loss for the power inversion that would take place in the UPS.

Let me know what you think
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Here is the data sheet

http://datasheet.octopart.com/SDU500-Sola-datasheet-22869.pdf

It says 4 mins (not 4.5) at 300 watts which equals 4/60 * 300 = 20 watt-hours at full belt.

This takes into account the conversion efficiency in the inverter.

Don't know what your system is but do not connect a printer, particularly a laser, to this UPS as you will get spikes that will greatly degrade performance.