Find the power developed by an engine with torque

In summary, the individual is struggling with a physics take-home test and is requesting someone to work out the problems and provide answers. The problems involve finding the power developed by an engine, the speed of a driven gear, the number of teeth on a smaller gear, and the gravitational attraction between two people. The individual is not willing to put in effort and is looking for someone to provide the answers, but the forum does not allow for that and encourages the individual to put in effort and seek guidance instead.
J_Martin_2006
I don't get Physics at all and I need to have this take home test done by the end of the day today. If you could please work these problems out for me and possibly give me the answer that would be great.

Problem 7: Find the power developed by an engine with torque 1110 N m applied at 5500 rpm.

Problem 8: A motor turning at 1500 rpm is fitted with a gear having 50 teeth. Find the speed of the driven gear if it has 40 teeth.

Problem 9: The larger of the two gears in a clock has 36 teeth and turns at a rate of 0.50 rpm. How many teeth does the smaller gear have if it rotates at 1?50 rev/s?

Problem 12: Two people are standing 3.00 m apart. The first one has a mass of 85.0 kg and the second's mass is 98.0 kg. Find the gravitational attraction between the two people.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the Forums,

Here at PF we are prohibited from providing posters with answers or model solutions; however, if you are willing to put some effort in we can guide you through the problems.

i don't kno how to even start it off man, can u send me an email wit the answers then?

No, I'm not willing to hand out solutions to exams. There may be others here that will or other forums that will allow such posts. That said, you must have some idea how to approach these questions or else you wouldn't be sitting the exam.

yea i would, i have to take the ****in class man, I am in college dude, its required! I'm out this place is a joke!

This is a forum for homework *help*.

This is not a forum where lazy people can come and get answers handed to them.

You've been offered help, apparently you're not willing to even try.

1. What is torque and how does it relate to an engine's power?

Torque is a measure of an engine's rotational force. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied to the engine by the distance from the center of rotation. The power of an engine is directly related to its torque, as the greater the torque, the more power the engine can produce.

2. How is an engine's torque measured?

An engine's torque is typically measured using a dynamometer, which applies a load to the engine and measures the resulting torque. It can also be calculated using the engine's specifications and the formula: torque = force x distance.

3. What units are used to measure torque and power?

Torque is typically measured in units of newton-meters (Nm) or foot-pounds (ft-lb), while power is measured in units of watts (W) or horsepower (hp). In some cases, horsepower is also used as a measure of torque.

4. Can an engine's torque and power be increased?

Yes, an engine's torque and power can be increased through various modifications such as increasing the engine's size, adding a turbocharger or supercharger, or using higher quality fuel. However, it is important to note that these modifications may also affect the engine's efficiency and longevity.

5. Is torque or power more important in an engine?

Both torque and power are important in an engine, as they work together to determine an engine's overall performance. However, in most cases, power is considered more important as it measures the rate at which work is done, while torque measures the force applied.