1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding angle and altitude using distance and time?

1. Sep 22, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I need an equation for a physics project, and I'm not sure which to use. I am given the distance and time variables, however I don't have the angle or altitude they are looking for. Which equation do I need to use?

2. Relevant equations
    Velocity related equations? fab five physic equations probably, i'm not sure.

3. The attempt at a solution
    I'm thinking that I need to use gravity as 9.8, but don't know what the equation would be?? Thanks to those who help :P :P :P

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2015 #2
  4. Sep 23, 2015 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

That's not very clear! What "distance and time" do you mean? The distance and time at which the projective again returns to earth?
    Then the equations you use are [itex]d= v_0sin(\theta) t[/itex] and [itex]0= (-g/2)t^2+ v_0 cos(\theta)t[/itex]. That gives you two equations to solve for [itex]v_0[/itex] amd [itex]\theta[/itex].

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted