Finding coefficient of kinetic friction when a mass overcomes pulley friction

  • Thread starter Thread starter sugarntwiligh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pulley
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
sugarntwiligh
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
How do I find the coefficient of kinetic friction for a pulley?
F=mueN
If a mass of 0.019 kg overcomes the friction in a pulley, is this mue?
Normal force would be 0.20 kg * 9.8?

But it can't be mue, because I am asked to find mue in the question.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
sugarntwiligh said:
How do I find the coefficient of kinetic friction for a pulley?
F=mueN
If a mass of 0.019 kg overcomes the friction in a pulley, is this mue?
Normal force would be 0.20 kg * 9.8?

But it can't be mue, because I am asked to find mue in the question.

Hi sugarntwiligh! :smile:

(have a mu: µ :wink:)

What is the set-up? :confused:

Can you tell us the full question? :smile: