Finding specific volumes at all 4 points on R134 Mollier diagram

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Homework Helper
Messages
6,221
Reaction score
31
Here is the situation, I have a Mollier Diagram(pressure-enthalpy diagram) for refrigerant R134. I had to draw a refrigeration cycle on the that find the specific volumes and enthalpies for each point. I read off the enthalpies at all 4 state points. Found the specific volumes for states 1 and 2 as they are in the superheated region where the specific volume lines contours are. But I don't know how to find the volumes at states 3 and 4.


I see state 3 lies on the saturated vapor line, so I think I should just use that specific volume as hf at the pressure.

State 4 lies at a point of known pressure and on a line where the quality(x) can be seen. To find v4, do I just use v4=vf+xvfg, or can this be somehow read off this diagram?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
v4=vf+xvfg is fine for the specific volume of state 4.