Finding Tarzan's speed at bottom of swing using energy

  • Thread starter Thread starter austin1250
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Speed Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
austin1250
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Alright I need a little help. It's finding the speed of something using mechanical energy, work or power.

The question is
Tarzan swings on a 28.4 m long vine initially inclined at an angle of 37° from the vertical.

(a) What is his speed at the bottom of the swing if he starts from rest?

Ok I am bascily already stuck here. It only gives 3 variables. I know that he initiall has 0 velocity because he is starting from rest. I have an angle and a distance. I don't know what to do here. my guess is something to do with the work formula since it gives distance but yeah any help?

(b) What is his speed at the bottom of the swing if he starts with an initial speed of 2.72 m/s?

Same goes for this one
 
Physics news on Phys.org