Finding the product of -3x³(2x³+3x-4)

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter eeeeee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Algebra
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
eeeeee
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
could some one help me fine the products with these problems.


-3x3(2x3 +3x-4)
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
x1=x2=x3=0
x4=0.879615
x5= -0.439807 + i 1.44232
x6= -0.439807 - i 1.44232

I found arithmetically. I hope I'm right
 
I've just checked my answers and they are absolutely right.
Unless you are not asking for the solution of the
-3(x^3) ( 2(x^3) + 3x - 4) = 0
What you've written (about the 2 others) has nothing to do.
 
i need to find the product of

1. (x+1)(x-2)2.(4x-2)(-x+3)
 
(x+1)(x-2) = (x^2) -x -2 = 0 -> x1= 2
and x2= -1

(4x-2)(-x+3) = -4(x^2) +14x -6 =0 -> x1 = 3
and x2 = 0.5

But again, it has nothing to do with the first one.
 
pendulum said:
(x+1)(x-2) = (x^2) -x -2 = 0 -> x1= 2
and x2= -1

(4x-2)(-x+3) = -4(x^2) +14x -6 =0 -> x1 = 3
and x2 = 0.5

But again, it has nothing to do with the first one.

Stop assuming what is being posted are equations because they are not. Do you see an equal sign in any of the above posts exclusing your own? The OP has posted expressions asking for help in expanding them, there is nothing to solve for since there is no equation at all.
 
Ok I'm sorry. Stop shooting! The problem is with my english.
 
^ means to the power of.
Is this right?

-3x^3(2x^3 +3x-4) = -6x^6 - 9x^4 + 12x^3

(x+1)(x-2) = x^2 + x - 2x -2 = x^2 - x - 2

(4x-2)(-x+3) = -4x^2 + 2x + 12x - 6 = -4x^2 + 14x - 6