Finding the Value of 'n' in CuSO4*nH20 Lab

  • Thread starter Thread starter JEscribir
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lab Value
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
JEscribir
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Doing a lab on the computer we received the data of a hydrate to be .1989 g and the dehydrate .1271 g last mass of water evolved from reaction .0718g. We heated CuSO4*nH20 and we needed to find n. I changed the anhydrate and water to moles then dividing the number by the smallest amount of moles getting n to be 5 by dividing .000796 mol./.00398 mol. The name of the chemical formula ends up being Copper(II) Sulfate Pentahydrate. Overall we assume 100% yield. Did I do this problem right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Score, I wasn't to sure, but thanks for the confirmation.