Finding Vo in terms of Vs for an ideal op-amp circuit

  • Topic: Engineering 
  • Thread starter Thread starter edgarpokemon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuit Circuits Opamp
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
edgarpokemon
Messages
93
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


php9XVIDn.png

http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/ideal-opamp-find-v0-terms-vs-need-help-solving-vp-firstly-understanding-parts-q8278769

Homework Equations



I am having difficulties with this problem. It asks to find vo in terms of vs. For the gain, I got an equation of Vn/10 + (Vn-vo)/40 = 0, so vo=5Vn. Since the op amp is ideal, vn=vp. Now for Vp is where i am having trouble. I have an equation of [48/60]vs - [48/60]4V=vp. But i am not sure if this right, I am not getting the correct answer. Help!

The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • php9XVIDn.png
    php9XVIDn.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,397
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
1. Label all resistors R1 - R4 and the 5V source V. Don't substitute with numbers until your calculations are done. I can't follow your numbers.
2. Compute vp, then vp=vn as you say, that gives you the current thru the feedback resistor and the output follows immediately.