Finding x(t) from x(-2t+1) for Scientists

• Thread starter baby_1
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the x(t) diagram from the given function x(-2t+1). The person suggests taking it one step at a time and gives some hints on how to deduce x(t). In the end, they thank each other for their help.
baby_1
Hello
here is the x(-2t+1). i want to know how can find the x(t) diagram from this picture?
81_1346759346.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Take t=1 for example: You know that 1=x(-2*1+1)=x(-1).
Does that help?

baby_1 said:
Hello
here is the x(-2t+1). i want to know how can find the x(t) diagram from this picture?
81_1346759346.jpg

Hi baby_1, try taking it in baby steps :wink: One simple transformation at a time.

- See if you can deduce what x(-2t) would be. Hint x(-2t+1) = x(-2(t-0.5)).

- From there you can probably figure out x(2t).

- From there you can try to deduce what x(t) will look like.

Last edited:
Dear mfb
Thanks it helps me to solve many problems
here is the answer
51_1346762037.jpg

i want to know the step to extarct x(t) from the scaled and shifted function x(-2t+1)

Thanks

Thank you very much uart it solved fine.(sorry for basic question :) )

Related to Finding x(t) from x(-2t+1) for Scientists

1. What does the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) mean?

The equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) means that the function x(t) is equal to the function x evaluated at -2t+1. This means that for any given value of t, the value of x(t) will be the same as the value of x evaluated at -2t+1.

2. How do I find the value of x(t) using the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1)?

To find the value of x(t), you need to substitute the value of t into the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) and solve for x. For example, if t = 2, then x(t) = x(-2(2)+1) = x(-4+1) = x(-3). So, the value of x(2) is equal to the value of x(-3).

3. Can x(t) and x(-2t+1) have different values?

Yes, x(t) and x(-2t+1) can have different values. This is because the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) only states that for any given value of t, the values of x(t) and x(-2t+1) will be the same. But for different values of t, the values of x(t) and x(-2t+1) can be different.

4. What does the -2t+1 in the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) represent?

The -2t+1 in the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) is a transformation of the variable t. It means that the value of t is being multiplied by -2 and then added to 1. This will result in a new value that will be used to evaluate the function x. This type of transformation is often used in mathematics to manipulate functions.

5. How can I use the equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) to solve real-world problems?

The equation x(t) = x(-2t+1) can be used to solve real-world problems by representing a relationship between two variables. For example, if x(t) represents the distance traveled by a car at time t, and x(-2t+1) represents the distance traveled by a train at time t, then the equation can be used to find the time at which the car and train have traveled the same distance. This type of problem solving is commonly used in physics and engineering.