Finite element analysis for Electromagnetism

In summary, there are many resources available for finite element analysis in structural dynamics, such as JURGEN BATHE's lectures at MIT. However, there are no resources specifically for finite element analysis in electromagnetics. To improve in this area, it is recommended to look for tutorials and simulation videos for COMSOL and ANSYS, as well as mathematical content in resources such as the links provided.
mertcan
HI, initially I would like to put into words that there are sufficient resources, books or lecture videos on YouTube related to finite element analysis especially for structural dynamics (for instance JURGEN BATHE in MIT). But I would like to make you sure that there NO lecture videos or other explanatory material for FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS FOR ELECTRODYNAMICS OR ELECTROSTATICS also I really need to dig important informations out of that topic. Therefore could you tell or advise me what I should do in order to make good start and improve myself about finite element analysis for ELECTROMAGNETISM. ( for instance you may suggest some lecture videos or explanatory books but videos would be very nice)

Physics news on Phys.org
mertcan said:
HI, initially I would like to put into words that there are sufficient resources, books or lecture videos on YouTube related to finite element analysis especially for structural dynamics (for instance JURGEN BATHE in MIT). But I would like to make you sure that there NO lecture videos or other explanatory material for FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS FOR ELECTRODYNAMICS OR ELECTROSTATICS also I really need to dig important informations out of that topic. Therefore could you tell or advise me what I should do in order to make good start and improve myself about finite element analysis for ELECTROMAGNETISM. ( for instance you may suggest some lecture videos or explanatory books but videos would be very nice)
Maybe look for tutorials and simulation videos for COMSOL and ANSYS:

https://www.comsol.com/models/rf-module

http://www.ansys.com/products/electronics

Likes berkeman
berkeman said:
Maybe look for tutorials and simulation videos for COMSOL and ANSYS:

https://www.comsol.com/models/rf-module

http://www.ansys.com/products/electronics
Nidum said:

Thanks for responses, but those are product demonstration, they try to advertise their products there no any mathematical structure. I aim to learn mathematical basis and model of electromagnetism finite element analysis using material just like this link , so could you provide me with the material which resembles the mathematical content of video link I mentioned above?

1. What is finite element analysis for electromagnetism?

Finite element analysis for electromagnetism is a computational method used to solve physical problems related to electromagnetic fields. It involves dividing a complex structure or system into smaller, simpler elements and using mathematical equations to analyze the behavior of the electromagnetic fields within those elements.

2. What are the applications of finite element analysis for electromagnetism?

Finite element analysis for electromagnetism has a wide range of applications, including design and analysis of electromagnetic devices such as motors, transformers, and generators. It is also used in the study of electromagnetic compatibility, electromagnetic interference, and the behavior of electromagnetic waves in different materials.

3. How does finite element analysis for electromagnetism work?

The process of finite element analysis for electromagnetism involves creating a finite element model, which includes the geometry and material properties of the structure or system being analyzed. The model is then divided into smaller elements, and mathematical equations are used to determine the behavior of the electromagnetic fields within each element. The results from each element are then combined to obtain a solution for the entire structure or system.

4. What are the advantages of using finite element analysis for electromagnetism?

Finite element analysis for electromagnetism offers several advantages, including the ability to accurately model complex structures or systems, the flexibility to analyze different materials and boundary conditions, and the ability to simulate different operating conditions. It also allows for efficient optimization of designs and reduces the need for physical prototypes, saving time and costs.

5. Are there any limitations to finite element analysis for electromagnetism?

While finite element analysis for electromagnetism is a powerful tool, it does have some limitations. It requires a high level of expertise to set up and interpret the results, and the accuracy of the results depends on the quality of the input data and assumptions made during the modeling process. It is also computationally intensive and may require significant computing resources for larger and more complex problems.