First Language?

• Thread starter Shadow
  • Start date
Shadow, I am making it my mission for to start Python programming first. If you go with C++ you will give up in frustration of not learning anything and going around in circles, if you learn Perl you won't do as much and will have difficulty learning other languages.

If you take C++ later, you will have no problem if you know Python. Python takes a bit after C++ and can do the same things. Python is powerful and easier to use than C++. Python teaches all the fundamentals of Programming but is known to be powerful enough for the serious user. This is said by many and not just me.

You want to learn Java? Python also takes a bit from Java. There is also a Java version of Python, called Jython.

Python also takes a bit from Perl. It can do more than Perl as well. Many people hate perl though some like it.

Yeah thanks guys, I have decided to go with PERL. And thanks again Grady.

I predict, he'll give-up in less than a month.

The first language i learned was C and i never gave up.
-HBar

I predict, he'll give-up in less than a month.
You obviously don't know me Kenikov.

First-off, if you wanted to learn programming instead of letting us decide, you would of searched Google to choose the language that met your needs.

Instead, you took a short-cut and simply asked. Something hackers hate.

You would realize, that Perl cannot do all the things you listed if you researched correctly.

So, in short, I do not have to know you. I simply judge this by the your approach to learning.

I wanted to ask people who knew what they were talking about and for your information if I hadn't done research on them I wouldn't have had a hard time deciding which language to do. I have seen what PERL and Python can do first hand (from the programmers I mentioned way back) so I couldn't decide which one to chose. Is that okay with you or should I run all my decisions by you? and by the way, it was an accident that I typed I decided PERL, I really had decided Python I was looking at a link that someone sent me and at the moment I had been comparing PERL and Python. I had just read a little on PERL so it came out as PERL. If you don't believe me here is what I was using to check out a little more on each. http://cgibin.erols.com/ziring/cgi-bin/cep/cep.pl

All I am saying is that if you did do research you would see that Python was clearly the language to choose.

http://www.hprog.org [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
and uh as I made clear in my last post i did chose it.