Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fluid Mechanics textbook Recommendations - 1st year Mech Eng

1. Feb 25, 2013 #1
    Hi,

I've done a search and I know that other people have askled for a good textbook for fluid mechanics for a 1st year Mech Eng student however, I'd like to find one with a lot of worked example ploblems.

I'm finding my course notes are too far a jump from the simple examples our lecturer gives compaired to the harder tutorial questions.

I faced a similar problem last term when I bought a book for statics. It had plenty of pronlems but no worked soultions for the harder end of chapter questions and I struggled.

We have been recommended the following books:
    Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics - B.R. young
    Introduction to Fluid Mechanics - Fox R.W.

Are there any books that would suit my style of learning of looking at worked examples?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2013 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Feb 26, 2013 #3
    you mean digging online?
    The lecturer wont put up the solutions untill 1 week before the exams

5. Feb 26, 2013 #4
    I actually found Young's book to be a good explanation, especially when combined with "Fluids Learn ChemE" video series out of the university of Colorado - boulder. You can youtube the videos or watch them on iTunesU.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook