1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Focus on LED lighting technology, which Master degree?

  1. Oct 29, 2011 #1
    Wish to focus on LED lighting technology,

    Mainly high powered LEDs to illuminate areas such as indoor and outdoor areas.

    Which masters area should I take into consideration? Should I consider getting a P.E.?

    Main things to consider when designing actual light fixtures;

    Heat dissipation
    Driver Design
    Semiconductor design
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2011 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    I think a BSEE would be sufficient. You can get your MSEE, but it wouldn't be necessary for this application. I don't think the P.E. certification will make a difference, but I suppose it would help if you wanted to work on the architectural end of the systems, rather on the driving electronics end.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads for Focus lighting technology
Engineering BS Physics to Materials Science Graduate Advice/Thoughts