Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

For you Pink Floyd fans

1. Jun 12, 2005 #1

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Some of you may have heard of Bob Geldof's latest project called LIVE8. What a terrific thing he is heading for the nations of Africa. In his star studded lineup includes the 4 "original" band members of Pink Floyd including Roger Waters. (I say "original" because Syd Barrett came before David Gilmour technically.) So for those of you in London on July 2 and lucky enough to get tickets, please appreciate the gathering of these band members! It will be a first in over 20 years.

A little more info:
    LIVE8 Concerts
    CNN news article

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't see Albany Oregon listed. :frown:

4. Jun 12, 2005 #3
    the philly concert looks to be a good one..wish I could go. Bet its going to sell out fast

5. Jun 12, 2005 #4

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Syd Barrett is playing? Didn't that guy disappear or get institutionalized or something?

6. Jun 12, 2005 #5

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

sorry, i should have clarified...the "original" members were Gilmour, Mason, Wright, & Waters. Syd Barrett, Mason, Wright and Waters were with the band at the very beginning. Can you imagine if Syd Barrett was at that show and how many people would show?

7. Jun 13, 2005 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. Jun 13, 2005 #7

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

that's why i included the CNN link, but i noticed that as well...perhaps they haven't updated the LIVE8 site yet?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?