Force on surface with quantification

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of force on a black surface with a black volume under pressure from red balls. The force on the surface is being questioned and it is suggested that using atoms of gas instead of balls may affect the force. The possibility of the black volume moving due to temperature is also mentioned. The question remains if a force exists when there are 5 atoms on one side and 1.5 atoms on the other. The speaker is looking for a method to calculate this force.
Gh778
I would like to calculate the force on the black surface (cut view) where the black volume (undeformable) is put on pressure with a lot of red ball undeformable. The pressure is give for example with a weight. Like in the slope we can put 5 balls and only 1.5 balls in vertical side I think the pressure give a force to the right. Is there a method for calculate the force ?

Attachments

• volume.png
    volume.png
    54 KB · Views: 451
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Gh778! :smile:

I assume the balls are all stationary?

Hint: if the block was on a frictionless surface, would it move? :wink:

I would like to know if there is a force.

would it move?
Like that, even frictionless, no

Gh778 said:
… even frictionless, no

so which direction are the forces on it? :wink:

Change red balls for atoms (atoms of gas for example). Even a surface like I draw it's not possible to build. The temperature move atoms everywhere and like that the black volume can move (it's not block by mechanic balls). The vertical line can only put 1.5 contact (even it's statistical), this compensate the other force ? The quantification don't interact here ?

Last edited:
sorry, I'm not following you :confused:

anyway, if the block doesn't move, what is the net force on it?

with mechanicals balls the black volume is blocking, it can't move even a force exist. With gas and temperature, the volume can move (can, I don't say it move). Is a force exist when the slope can accept 5 atoms and other side 1.5 atoms ? I would like to calculate this force but maybe someone has already do that ?

1. What is force on surface with quantification?

Force on surface with quantification refers to the measurement of the amount of force applied to a surface. It involves quantifying the magnitude and direction of the force acting on an object at a specific point on its surface.

2. How is force on surface with quantification calculated?

Force on surface with quantification is calculated using the formula F = P/A, where F is the force, P is the pressure applied to the surface, and A is the area over which the force is distributed. This formula is derived from the definition of pressure as force per unit area.

3. What units are used to measure force on surface with quantification?

The units used to measure force on surface with quantification are Newtons (N) in the SI system and pounds (lb) in the imperial system. Pressure is measured in pascals (Pa) in the SI system and pounds per square inch (psi) in the imperial system.

4. What are some practical applications of understanding force on surface with quantification?

Understanding force on surface with quantification is important in many fields, including engineering, physics, and materials science. It is used to design structures and machines that can withstand different amounts of force, and to determine the strength and durability of materials.

5. How does force on surface with quantification relate to Newton's laws of motion?

According to Newton's second law of motion, force is directly proportional to mass and acceleration. In the case of force on surface with quantification, the mass of an object and the acceleration of the force acting on it are both influenced by the pressure applied to the surface and the area over which the force is distributed.