Formula confusion for magnetic field inside capacitor

In summary, the conversation discusses a formula in the c part of a question and the cases in which it is used. It is mentioned that the formula comes from Maxwell's addition to Ampere's Law and that it can be used to solve for the magnetic field between a capacitor. The concept is typically covered in an upper-level undergraduate E&M course. The questioner is advised to type out the formula in the future for better understanding.
Suyash Singh

Homework Statement

Uploaded question(the formula in c part)
And can you tell me in which all cases that formula is used.

Homework Equations

Just want to know where the formula in c part has come from.

The Attempt at a Solution

Sum of magnetic fields due to circular plates calculated and added but that seems to be wrong method here.
I just need some kind of site to study that formula.
Thankyou

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170827-212414.png
    Screenshot_20170827-212414.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 445
Physics news on Phys.org
UPLOAD didn't seem to work. What file type is it?

berkeman said:
UPLOAD didn't seem to work. What file type is it?
.png

I think that file type is supported, but I'm not sure. Are you on a laptop or a phone?

Suyash Singh said:

Homework Statement

Uploaded question(the formula in c part)
And can you tell me in which all cases that formula is used.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Sum of magnetic fields due to circular plates calculated and added but that seems to be wrong method here.
I just need some kind of site to study that formula.
Thankyou

I can see the image but it is virtually unreadable.

Please go back to the basic PF standard and just type out the expression you are interested in. Most helpers will not even bother to look at an uploaded image, and when it is unreadable they will just go away, unwilling to help.

Likes Suyash Singh
Suyash Singh said:
It comes from Maxwell's addition to Ampere's Law. You can use that to solve for the magnetic field in between a capacitor, but they just did the work for you. Here's a link to the hyperphysic's page on Ampere's Law http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/maxeq2.html#c4

The magnetic field is the result of the changing electric field as the capacitor plates charge. Also, actually solving for formulas like that is typically an upper-ish level undergraduate E&M course task (requiring integral calculus, curl, etc.) so don't worry about it too much if you're not there yet.

Likes Suyash Singh
thankyou.
I will type out the question next time.

1. What is the formula for calculating the magnetic field inside a capacitor?

The formula for calculating the magnetic field inside a capacitor is B = μ0*I/(2π*r), where B is the magnetic field, μ0 is the permeability of free space, I is the current, and r is the distance from the center of the capacitor.

2. How is the magnetic field inside a capacitor different from the magnetic field outside?

The magnetic field inside a capacitor is typically much stronger than the magnetic field outside. This is because the current is concentrated between the plates of the capacitor, creating a stronger magnetic field.

3. Can the magnetic field inside a capacitor be controlled?

Yes, the magnetic field inside a capacitor can be controlled by varying the current or the distance between the plates. This can be done by adjusting the voltage or the size of the capacitor.

4. How does the magnetic field inside a capacitor affect the behavior of charged particles?

The magnetic field inside a capacitor can cause charged particles to experience a force, known as the Lorentz force. This force can cause the particles to follow a curved path or to oscillate within the capacitor.

5. How does the magnetic field inside a capacitor relate to the electric field?

The magnetic field and electric field inside a capacitor are related through the Maxwell's equations. When there is a changing electric field, it can create a magnetic field, and vice versa. This phenomenon is known as electromagnetic induction.