Formula for calculating neutron flux?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have a liquid scintillator, the electronics system, and a beam of neutrons from a reactor. How do I calculate the neutron flux? Cold anybody give me a formula or equation? Not this equation: phi = n X v, where phi - flux, n = number of neutrons per cm3, v = velocity of the neutrons, because I don't know how to get any of these information. Please Help!

Answers and Replies

You will need some values from somewhere. From your experiment, from the people operating the reactor, from other detectors - something. You cannot calculate a number without any information.

Thanks for your reply! COuld you tell me what those informations/parameters should be so I can go look for those values?

e.bar.goum
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
From your description, and previous threads, this seems to be fairly high level experimental project. In which case, just ask someone at your lab.

The neutron flux will depend on a bunch of factors, and as mfb points out, you can find it from a variety of places, but it comes down to either measuring it, or asking someone who has already measured it.