Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Fortran] Is anyone familiar with the Elk-code software?

1. Mar 8, 2014 #1
    Dear all,

Are you familiar with the Elk-code software? It is a software about FLAPW (full potential linear augumented plane wave).Recently,I am reading the source code,but I meet many difficulties.

For example,I've a question related to charge density.In the Elk source code, the charge density is divided two parts,i.e.,rhomt(:,:,:) in the spherical coordinates and rhoir(:) in the Cartesian coordinates.But I don't find the angle (theta,phi) for the rhomt(:,:,:) and the position(x,y,z) for the rhoir(:) in the "rhomag.f90".
    In addition,I want to learn about the calculating of the exchange-correlation energy density and potential,but I still can't find the (theta,phi) and (x,y,z),taking the xc_xalpha.f90 as an exmaple as follows:

! loop over density points
    do i=1,n
    r=rho(i)
    if (r.gt.1.d-12) then
    rs=(3.d0/(4.d0pir))(1.d0/3.d0)
    rsm1=1.0d0/rs
    ! compute energy density
    exc(i)=-alphaefacrsm1
    ! compute potential
    vxc(i)=-alphavfacrsm1
    end if
    end do

Here,the "i=1,n" stands for the value of the radial meshgrid in the muffin-tin sphere and the value of G-point in the interstitial region.As my understanding,the energy density or potential should be for every point in the real space,so I don't clear why the (theta,phi) and (x,y,z) can't be found in those subroutines.

If anyone give me a hint or a suggestion,I will be thankful.
    Regards,

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2014 #2
    By the way,if anyone will think my question is not clear enough, please say it to me,I will do my best to describe it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook