Found an interesting ''iq'' test online

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of the MENSA IQ test and the enjoyment that was found in taking it. Its from mensas website so it can't be too bad.
Your score was 28 out of 30

I forgot to count the double 7 in 77
And I didn't get BANALITIES (what a positively banal word)

I guess it was a fun little test, but I thought the questions were too simple to really test intelligence. It's the harder, problem solving questions that I find challenging (and troublesome).

Physics news on Phys.org
ideasrule said:
Yup, love it. I didn't do the work entirely wrong, though: I found a pattern that was restrictive enough to exclude all but one choice, but not as restrictive as "perfect squares".

was it the pattern of 9s? I am no sure if ir remember this correctly but that is what i did(think). i think most of them added to 9 or something,
idont understand how the 7s one is not 11.

i get 11.

OH WAIT I FORGOT 71,72,73,74,75,76,78,79...ugh

also that distance problem i don't get how right triangles matters. they walk 4 m in opposite directions then walk 3 meters to the left. i thought itd be 4 meters difference since the left is equal distance in the same direction, but that wasnt even a choice to choose.

Last edited:
I forgot to count the double 7 in 77
I went through and got all the 7's in the second digit, except for 77. I thought "hahah, you're not tricking me with that one." So I got both. Except I forgot the 7's in 70, 71, 71, etc. I felt like an idiot.