Free body diagram of hanging pot

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
dimpledur
Messages
193
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A hanging potted plant is suspended by a cord from a hook in the ceiling. Draw a free body diagram for each of these: (a) the system consisting of plant, soil, and pot; (b) the cord; (c) the hook.


Homework Equations



None.

The Attempt at a Solution



I'm not sure if I'm supposed to draw three separate free body diagrams here...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
dimpledur said:

Homework Statement


A hanging potted plant is suspended by a cord from a hook in the ceiling. Draw a free body diagram for each of these: (a) the system consisting of plant, soil, and pot; (b) the cord; (c) the hook.


Homework Equations



None.

The Attempt at a Solution



I'm not sure if I'm supposed to draw three separate free body diagrams here...

Yes, that's right.