Free-Space Path Loss Equation - finding the constant for d in km and f in MHz?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Phazall
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
1. Problem Statement
Transform equation 1 into equation 2 to show they're equivalent.


Homework Equations


relevent equations.png

*Please note that I added a subscript to each variable indicating the units.

The Attempt at a Solution


the attempt at the solution.png



The highlighted constant shown in my attempt at the solution is supposed to be 32.45 according to both my notes and wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-space_path_loss.

Thank you very much!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
log(ab) = log a + log b
log(abc) = log a + log b + log c
log(a/b) = log a - log b.
Etc.
OK I see you already know that.

I can't make out your writing but in your eq. 2, λm should = cm/fHz. Maybe that's where your problem lies.

I would have started by converting the original argument of the log function into the units
they want you to wind up with, but your way works too,
 
Last edited: