1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From BSc in Computer Science to MSc in Physics and

  1. Aug 14, 2011 #1
    hi guys

    I completed my computer science degree from http://www.staffs.ac.uk/" [Broken] with a First Class honours. I figured out that my true passion lies mainly with Physics :(

    Can I do an MSc in Physics or any related physics specialization (such as Glaciology, Cosmology)????

    I am planning to pursue my masters in Canada.

    Thanks and Regards
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2011 #2


    User Avatar
    Gold Member

    You can, but it'll be very hard without taking a couple years of undergraduate physics courses. A program would probably even require you to take them before allowing you in.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads - Computer Science Physics Date
Courses How important is physics in computer science? Dec 5, 2017
Admissions Computational physics career change Oct 9, 2017
Studying How should I prepare for a computational science masters? Jul 3, 2017
Courses Minor in computer science w/ a Physics major? Jun 24, 2017
Computational Physics Major? Jun 9, 2017